Hindi Name :
Last Updated :
18th Sep, 2014
The Raja Saheb of Awagarh, 23rd Raja Saheb of Awagarh and Head of the Jadon rajputs in Uttar Pradesh (The Palace Belvedere, Awagarh Estate, Mallital, Nainital City, 263001, India)
Predecessors and Genealogy Tree
Predecessor state was founded in the fourteenth century by Raja Sohan Pal of Biana and of Nasi. His descendant, Thakur Chhatarbhuj Singh was founder of the present jagir of Awargarh in 1701. Rulers were....
Thakur CHHATARBHUJ SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Awagarh 1701/about 1750, originally the Zamindar of Nari in the Chhata pargana; he settled in Jalesar during the reign of Padshah Muhammed Shah of Delhi (1719/1748), married and had issue.
- Thakur Bijay Singh (qv)
Thakur BIJAY SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Awagarh 1750/1775, he was granted the large village of Misa by the Governor of Jalesar; married and had issue.
- Thakur Bakht Singh (qv)
Thakur (name unknown) Singh, married and had issue.
- Kunwar Prithviraj Singh, adopted by Raja Prithviraj Singh, and succeded him as Raja Prithviraj Singh of Awagarh (see below).
Thakur BAKHT SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Awagarh 1775/1800, rendered military service to the Maharaja of Bharatpur and the Thakur of Amargarh, and gradually made himself an independent chief; he obtained a sanad from the Maratha rulers authorising him to build a Fort at Awa; married and had issue.
- Thakur Hira Singh (qv)
Thakur HIRA SINGH, Thakur Saheb of Awagarh 1800/1831, he constructed the fort at Awa, originally started by his father; he rendered military assistance to the British in their war with the Marathas, and they confirmed him in his possessions by a sanad of 1803; married and had issue.
- Raja Pitambar Singh (qv)
Raja PITAMBAR SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1831/1850, the title of Raja (traditionally stated to have been conferred by the Maharana of Udaipur), was formally recognized in 1838 as a hereditary distinction by Lord Auckland; married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Raja Prithviraj Singh (qv)
Raja PRITHVIRAJ SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1850/1876, he was adopted by Raja Pitambar Singh as his successor, born as Kunwar Prithviraj Singh, a descendant of a brother of Thakur Bakht Singh; he rendered valuable assistance to the British during the Mutiny of 1857, by raising troops, attacking the insurgent villages, restoring order to the area, collecting revenue and remitting it to authorities in Agra; married and had issue. He died 1876.
- Raja Chhatarpal Singh (qv)
Raja CHHATARPAL SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1876/1884, born 1874, succeeded as a minor; married and had adoptive issue. He died sp 1884.
- (A) Raja Baldeo Singh (qv)
Raja BALDEO SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1884/1892, born 10th July 1850, he was adopted by his cousin and predecessor, and succeeded on his death; married and had adoptive issue.
- (A) Raja Balwant Singh (qv)
Raja BALWANT SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1892/1909, O.B.E., C.I.E., he donated hundreds of acres of land in order to build a college which was named after him as the Raja Balwant Singh College at Agra; married and had issue. He died 1909.
- Raja Suraj Pal Singh (qv)
Capt. Rao Krishna Pal Singh, married Rani Darshan Kumari, died 1964, daughter of Rana Raghunath Chand of Mahilog, and his first wife, Rani Rudar Devi, and had issue. He died 1968.
- Rajkumari Indira Kumari, married 27th November 1941, Maharajkumar Pradyumna Singh of Dungarpur.
Raja SURAJ PAL SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh 1909/-, married and had issue.
- Raja Yogendrapal Singh (qv)
- Rani Saheb Rukmani Kumari, married 13th December 1946 at Agra, Maharaj Sahib Rameshwar Pratap Singh of Kachhi-Baroda, and had issue, two sons and one daughter.
Raja YOGENDRAPAL SINGH, Raja Saheb of Awagarh, married Rani Satyawati Kumari, daughter of Rawat Jai Singhji of Meja, and had issue.
Raja Jitendrapal Singh, born 1951, married 1974, Rani Prabha Kanwar, born 1951, daughter of Raj Rana Hari Singhji of Tana, and his wife, Rani Marudhar Kanwar, and has issue.
- Kanwar Rishiraj Singh
- Rajkumari Bhoomija Kumari
Raja Devendrapal Singh, married to Rani Ela Singh of Jagat (Rajasthan) and had issue.
- Kumari Moheneshwari, married to Bhawani singh of Losna.
- Kumari Jagriti, married to Devendra Singhji of Inderpura.
- Kuwar Jaidev singh
Raja Yugendrapal Singh, married to Kumari Anuradha Singh of Dahi (M.P) and had issue.
- Kuwar Kuldeep Singh, married to Rajkumari Sudarshini Rathore of Jodhpur.
- Raja Khadgendrapal Singh
Raja Siddhendrapal Singh, born 1964, married Rani Sunita Kumari of Dhamli in 1988, and has issue.
- Rajkumari Shruti Yaduvanshi, born 1990, studied at Sophia High School (Mount Abu, Rajasthan)
- Rajkumari Siddhi Yaduvanshi, born 1994, studied at India International School (Jaipur, Rajasthan)
- Kanwar Raghavendra Pal Singh
- Raja Jitendrapal Singh, born 1951, married 1974, Rani Prabha Kanwar, born 1951, daughter of Raj Rana Hari Singhji of Tana, and his wife, Rani Marudhar Kanwar, and has issue.
- Raja ANIRUDH PAL SINGH, married Rani Anjali Devi, daughter of Rai Sahib Ranvir Singh of Reh (see Nurpur), and had issue.
Raja YADVENDRAPAL SINGH, married 5th February 1976, Rani Shermishta Kumari, born 6th September 1953, daughter of Maharaj Bheemsinha of Arnod, and his wife, Rani Pushpa Kumari, and has issue.
- Kanwar Chander Pal Singh, born 26th January 1977 at Agra, educated at Mayo College, Ajmer; married 26th January 2008, Kunwari Vijeta Kumari of Sirsi near Guna, Madhya Pradesh.
- Kanwar Bhumendrapal Singh, born 5th February 1978 at Agra, educated at Daly College, Indore and St. John's College, Agra.
- Kunwari Padmini Kumari, born 25th January 1981, educated at Mayo Girls College, Ajmer; married 25th April 2008, Kunwar Kamakshya Raj Singh of Chhota Udaipur, Gujarat.
- Thakurani Kamleshwari, married Thakur Shri Raj Singhji of Chickalana, Madhya Pradesh, and had issue, three daughters.
- Thakur Tursan Pal Singh
- Thakur Mahendra Pal Singh
Anirudh Pal Singh