HH Maharaja KANAK VARDHAN SINGH DEO B.A., 32nd Maharaja of Patna since April 2004. (Shailashree Palace, Distt. Bolangir, Sambalpur - 768019, Orissa, India) born 14th June 1956, educated at Delhi University (B.A.), an agriculturist by profession who is interested in wildlife preservation;Member of the Orissa Legislative Assembly 1995/- (4th Term) from Patnagarh constituency in Bolangir district and is the Leader of the B.J.P. Legislative Party in the Assembly; Chairman, House Committee on Orissa Engineering College, 2000/2001; Cabinet Minister of Industry and Public Enterprise 2000/2004 and 2004/2009; Cabinet Minister for Urban Development and Public Enterprise 2004/2009; ; as Minister he has introduced a number of bills from The Orissa University of Technology Bill, 2001 to The Orissa Municipal (Amendment) Bill, 2007; Member of the Bhubaneswar Club, Bhubaneswar and India Habitat Centre, New Delhi; he enjoys playing basket ball and cricket as well as meeting people and listening to music; married 15th October 1985, HH Maharani Sangeeta Kumari Devi, daughter of Thakur Amar Singh of Kerote, born 3rd December 1961 in New Delhi, B.A. (Hons.) Political Science, Diploma in Computer Programming Educated at Jesus and Mary College, University of Delhi and Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (New Delhi), Member of the 12th and 13th Lok Sabha, Member 1998/1999 of the following committees:- Committee on Agriculture; Joint Committee on the Empowerment of Women and its Sub-Committee on Appraisal of Laws relating to Women-Criminal Laws; Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development; Committee on Defence 1999/2000; Committee on Public Undertakings 1999/2001; Committee on Empowerment of Women 2000/2001; Consultative Committee, Ministry of Information Technology 2000/-, interests include reading, listening to music and playing the piano, tennis, basketball (played at school and national levels); and has issue, one daughter.
Maharaj Kumari Nivritti Kumari, educated at The Convent of Jesus and Mary School in New Delhi up to year 9, then at The British School, New Delhi, completing her GCSE's (O-Levels) and her GCE's (A-Levels); she then did her college from the Glion Institute of Higher Education (G.I.H.E) in Switzerland where she completed her B.A. in Hospitality, Finance and Revenue Management; while at college she was part of the Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leaders team which is formed for seniors to tutor their juniors in particular subjects and in her senior year at G.I.H.E she was also part of the Student Government and held the post of Secretary; she interned with the Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces at the Crowne Plaza London St. James and 51 Buckingham Gate in London as a Front Office Management Trainee from June till December 2007; after completing her studies she also worked with the Taj Hotels, Resorts and Palaces as a Sales Representative from June 2010 till May 2011 and was based out of Taj Mahal Hotel, New Delhi; currently (2012) she is helping to restore the family's palace, developing their properties and helping out her parents in politics as a party worker. Married to Rajkumar Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar, son of Maharaj Shri Arvind Singhji Mewar of Udaipur on 21st January 2014 [TOI] and have issue, one daughter.
- Mohlakshika Kumari Mewar, born 20th October 2014.
Founded by Raja Ramai Deo in around 1191. Rulers were.....
- Raja RAMAI DEO, 1st Raja of Patna 1191/1223, ruled 32 years.
- Raja MAHALING SINGH DEO, 2nd Raja of Patna 1223/1229, ruled 6 years.
- Raja BAIJAL DEO I, 3rd Raja of Patna 1229/1294, ruled 65 years.
- Raja BAIKRAJ DEO, 4th Raja of Patna 1294/1307, ruled 13 years.
- Raja BUJANG DEO, 5th Raja of Patna 1307/1341, ruled 34 years.
- Raja PRATAP RUDRA DEO, 6th Raja of Patna 1341/1380, ruled 39 years.
- Raja BHUPAL DEO, 7th Raja of Patna 1380/1391, ruled 11 years.
- Raja NAGSINGH DEO, 8th Raja of Patna 1391/1421, ruled 30 years.
- Raja VIKRAMADITYA DEO, 9th Raja of Patna 1421/1455, ruled 34 years.
- Raja BAIJAL DEO II, 10th Raja of Patna 1455/1485, ruled 30 years.
Raja BHANJAN HIRADHAR DEO, 11th Raja of Patna 1485/1515, ruled 30 years.
- Raja Narsingh Deo (qv)
- Raja Balrama Dev, founder and 1st Raja of Sambalpur, married and had issue (see Sambalpur).
- Raja NARSINGH DEO, 12th Raja of Patna 1515/1522, ruled 7 years.
- Raja CHHATRAPAL DEO, 13th Raja of Patna 1522/1525, ruled 3 years.
- Raja BAIJAL DEO III, 14th Raja of Patna 1525/1588, ruled 63 years.
- Raja HRIDAYA NARAYANA DEO, 15th Raja of Patna 1588/1603, ruled 15 years.
Raja PRATAP DEO, 16th Raja of Patna 1603/1625, ruled 22 years, married and had issue.
- Raja Vikramaditya Deo (qv)
- Raja Gopal Rai, founder and 1st Raja of Khariar in about 1600, married and had issue (see Khariar).
- Raja VIKRAMADITYA DEO, 17th Raja of Patna 1625/1640, ruled 15 years.
- Raja MUKUND DEO, 18th Raja of Patna 1640/1670, ruled 30 years.
- Raja BALRAM DEO, 19th Raja of Patna 1670/1678, ruled 8 years.
- Raja HIRDE SHAH DEO, 20th Raja of Patna 1678/1685, ruled 7 years.
- Maharaja RAI SINGH DEO, 21st Maharaja of Patna 1685/1762 or ruled for 80 years.
- Maharaja PRITHVIRAJ DEO, 22nd Maharaja of Patna 1762/1765
Maharaja RAMCHANDRA SINGH DEO I, 23rd Maharaja of Patna 1765/1820, married and had issue.
- Maharaja Bhupal Singh Deo (qv)
- Maharajkumar Yuvraj Singh Deo, he was granted the estate of Jarasingha in 1765.
- Maharaja BHUPAL SINGH DEO, 24th Maharaja of Patna 1820/1848
Maharaja HIRAVAJRA SINGH DEO, 25th Maharaja of Patna 1848/1866, married and had issue. He died in August 1866.
- Maharaja Sur Pratap Singh Deo (qv)
Lal Bishnath Singh Deo, married and had issue.
- Maharaja Ramchandra Singh Deo (qv)
- Maharaja Dalaganjan Singh Deo (qv)
- Maharaja SUR PRATAP SINGH DEO, 26th Maharaja of Patna 1866/1878, born 1844, married and had issue. He died spm in 1878.
Maharaja RAMCHANDRA SINGH DEO, 27th Maharaja of Patna 1878/1895, born 1872, succeeded 25th November 1878, educated at Rajkumar College, Jabalpur; married and had issue, one daughter. He died 1895.
Maharajkumari Padmini Kumari Devi [Maharani Padmini Kumari Devi of Seraikella], born 1893, married Raja Aditya Pratap Singh Deo of Seraikella, and had issue. She died 1960.
- HH Maharaja Sir Rajendra Narayan Singh Deo (see below)
- Maharajkumari Padmini Kumari Devi [Maharani Padmini Kumari Devi of Seraikella], born 1893, married Raja Aditya Pratap Singh Deo of Seraikella, and had issue. She died 1960.
Maharaja DALAGANJAN SINGH DEO, 28th Maharaja of Patna 1895/1910, married and had issue.
- HH Maharaja Prithviraj Singh Deo (qv)
- Maharajkumar Raghuraj Singh Deo, third son, born about 1890, married a daughter of the Raja Sahib of Tarla in Madras Presidency.
- HH Maharani Brinda Devi, married HH Maharaja Sir Brijnath Singh Ju Deo Bahadur of Maihar, and had issue.
- HH Maharaja PRITHVIRAJ SINGH DEO, 29th Maharaja of Patna 1910/1924, born 1890, married (amongst others) (a), the eldest daughter of Raja Jogendra Deo of Baudh, married (b), the sister of Lal Saheb Sarat Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj. He died sp in 1924.
HH Maharaja Sir RAJENDRA NARAYAN SINGH DEO, 30th Maharaja of Patna 1924/1975, born 31st March 1912, younger son of Raja Aditya Pratap Singh Deo Seraikella, and his wife, Rani Padmini Kumari Devi, only daughter of Maharaja Ramchandra Singh Deo of Patna (see above), granted ruling powers in 1933 on attaining his majority; educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and St. Columbia's College, Hazaribagh (B.A.); undertook Administrative Training at Ranchi and Monghyr; an enlightened ruler, he was responsible for the allround development of the state and was one of the first Rulers to sign the Merger Agreement with Indian Union; during his rule he removed untouchability and the bar on temple entry for Harijans and also banned forced labour; Member, Chamber of Princes; Vice-President, Council of Rulers of the Eastern States Agency and Chairman, Eastern States Board of Forestry and Agricology; Member, Eastern States Post-War Reconstruction Committee and Standing Committee of Eastern States Union; Member, General Council of Rajkumar College, Raipur; Chief Patron of the Fifth All-India Cultural Unity Conference; Patron, All India Cattle Show Society; Kalinga Historial Research Society; Koshal Kala Mandal and other cultural literary and reasearch societies; President of Ganatantra Parishad in 1950, which he founded, and which merged with the Swatantra Party Orissa Unit in 1962; President, Utkal Sammilani, 1953; Secretary-General, National Democratic Party; Member of the Rules Committee and several select Committees in the Lok Sabha; Chairman, Public Accounts Committee, Orissa; Member, Public Funds Development Enquiry Committee, Orissa; established Rajendra College at Bolangir; Member, General Council, National Executive Parliamentary Board, Swatantra Party; Member of the First Lok Sabha 1952/1957; M.L.A. (Orissa) 1957/1977 (five terms); Leader of Opposition (1.4.1957) - (22.5.1959), (21.6.1961) - (1.3.1967) and (14.6.1972) - (9.2.1973); Minister, Finance (22.5.1959) - (25.2.1961); Minister, Mining and Geology (22.5.1959) - (25.2.1961); Minister, Industries (22.5.1959) - (25.2.1961); Minister, Law (22.5.1959) - (25.2.1961); Chief Minister (8.3.1967) - (9.1.1971); Minister, Planning and Coordination (8.3.1967) - (9.1.1971); Minister, Finance (8.3.1967) - (9.1.1971); Minister, Home (Exc Jail Reformation & P.R.) (8.3.1967) - (9.1.1971); Minister, Tourism (8.3.1967) - (5.9.1967) and (31.8.1969) - (9.1.1971); Minister, Political & Services (Exc R.V.D.) (3.4.1971) - (14.6.1972); Minister, Industries (3.4.1971) - (14.6.1972); Minister, Home (Public Relations& Tourism) (3.4.1971) - (14.6.1972); author of many articles, leaflets and pamphlets; he embodied a unique combination of an erudite scholar, enlightened statesman and an able administrator who worked with a single minded devotion for development of Orissa since 1948; he married 1932, HH Maharani Kailash Kumari Devi, daughter of Maj.-Gen. HH Farzand-i-Khas-i-Daulat-i-Inglishia Mansur-i-Zaman Amir-ul-Umra Maharaja Dhiraj Rajeshwar Sir Sri Maharaja-i-Rajgan Bhupendra Singh Mahendra Bahadur of Patiala, and had issue. He died 23rd February 1975.
- HH Maharaja Raj Raj Singh Deo (qv)
Pattayet Anang Uday Singh Deo B.A., born 11th November 1945, he is a founding member of the ruling BJD party in Orissa and has been a Cabinet minister for 15 years in Orissa; Member, NRAI (National Rifle Association of India, New Delhi); Member, Indian National Trust for Arts and Cultural Heritage and Ex-convenor Member, Indian International Centre, New Delhi; Member, S.A.I. (Sports Authority of India) Stadium, New Delhi; Member Indian Habital Centre, New Delhi; Chairman, Orissa Tourism Development Corporation; Chairman, Orissa Council of Sports; M.L.A. (Orissa) 1974/1977 and 1990/- (five terms); Minister of State, Forest Fisheries and Animal Husbandry, (29.12.1976) - (30.4.1977); Minister, Tourism (2.1.1991) - (15.3.1995) and (6.8.2002) - (16.5.2004); Minister, Sports, Culture and Youth Services (Sports & Youth Services) (25.1.1993) - (15.3.1995); Minister, Energy (6.3.2000) - (6.8.2002); Minister, Steel and Mines (6.3.2000) - (16.5.2004); Minister, Information Technology (6.8.2002) - (16.5.2004); Minister, Works (18.5.2004) to present; Minister, Housing (18.5.2004) to present; married Pattayet Rani Vijay Laxmi Kumari Devi, convenor for Intach and World Wildlife Fund in Orissa, and works extensively with weavers to promote local tribal crafts, daughter of Thakur Shiv Mangal Singh (a freedom fighter and a member of the Indian National Congress, M.L.A. for over 40 years, and Cabinet Minister for Agriculture and Sugar Cane, Zamindar of Jigirsar, Balia, Uttar Pradesh), and his wife, Thakurani Kamlesh Kumari of Kothi, Madhya Pradesh, and has issue, three sons. (Shailashree Palace, Distt. Bolangir, Sambalpur - 768019, Orissa, India)
- Lal Sahib Kalikesh Narain Singh Deo, born 26th May 1974, educated at the Doon School, Dehra Dun and at St. Stephen's College, Delhi University (B.A. (Hons.) in Economics); he was a nationals basketball and shooting sportsman and is currently the youngest M.L.A. in Orissa (2004/-); Member, Public Accounts Committee, 2004/2005 and 2007/-; Member, House Committee on Forest Protection, 2005/2006; Member, House Committee on Power Generation/ Transmission/ Distribution, 2005/-; Member, Library Committee, 2005/2006; Member, Standing Committee on Home, GA, Law, PGPA (No.1), 2005/-; Member, Bhubaneswar Club; Member, Bhubaneswar Golf Club; interests are Golf, Mountaineering, scuba diving, trap shooting and Reading non fiction works; married 8th December 2008 at Puri, Lal Sahiba Meghna Raj Lakshmi Kumari, daughter of Sri Gaurav Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana.
- Lal Sahib Manmath Vijay Singh Deo, born 1976, educated at the Doon School and at SRCC, Delhi University, graduating in Economics, married 25th November 2009 in Jaipur, Rajkumari Deepshikha Kumari, daughter of Rajkumar Divyakar Pratap Singh of Kasmanda, and his wife, Rajkumar Rani Jaya Rajya Lakshmi.
- Lal Sahib Arkesh Narain Singh Deo, born 15th Jan 1986, educated at the Doon School, Dehra Dun and at St. Stephen's College, Delhi University, graduating in economics. Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York, in Modern Dance, Body Movement, Direction and Camera Work Acting 1. He captained the Under 19 Indian Basketball team.
- Maharajkumari Raj Shree Devi [Thakurani Raj Shree Devi of Sayla], married Thakur Saheb Prithvirajsinhji Surendrasinhji of Sayla, and has issue.
- Maharajkumari Braj Shree Devi [Maharani Braj Shree Devi of Bhadawar], married Maharaja Mahendra Ripudaman Singh of Bhadawar, and has issue.
- Maharajkumari Roop Shri Devi, married Shri Ran Vijay Shahi, Zamindar Sahib of Dumaria in Bihar, and has issue.
Maharajkumari Krishna Kumari Devi, married Captain Baldev Singh from Jalalpur-Aligarh, former M.L.A. from Aligarh, and has issue, three sons.
Chandrachur Singh, born 11th October 1968 in New Delhi, film actor; educated at The Doon School, Dehradun and at St. Stephen's College, New Delhi; winner of the 1996 Filmfare Best Debut Award for Maachis, nominated in 1998 for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Kya Kehna; other film credits include, Tere Mere Sapne (1996) to Sarhad Paar (2006); married Avantika Kumari, daughter of Shri Ajai Singh of Glenmoor Cottages, Mcleodganj, Dharamshala, and has issue, one son.
- Shraanajai Singh
- Aditya Narain Singh, a television producer and co-owner of Contiloe Films.
- Abhimanyu Singh, a television producer, co-owner of Contiloe Films and an Indian film actor. He made his debut in Bollywood films with Aks (2001) and he got his first break with the role of Ransa Singh in Gulaal (2009). The role won him the 2010 Stardust Award for breakthrough performance.
- Chandrachur Singh, born 11th October 1968 in New Delhi, film actor; educated at The Doon School, Dehradun and at St. Stephen's College, New Delhi; winner of the 1996 Filmfare Best Debut Award for Maachis, nominated in 1998 for the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Kya Kehna; other film credits include, Tere Mere Sapne (1996) to Sarhad Paar (2006); married Avantika Kumari, daughter of Shri Ajai Singh of Glenmoor Cottages, Mcleodganj, Dharamshala, and has issue, one son.
HH Maharaja RAJ RAJ SINGH DEO, 31st Maharaja of Patna 1975/2004, born 1934, educated at Rajkumar College, Raipur; Member of the Lok Sabha for two terms, married 18th January 1955, HH Maharani Premlata Kumari Devi (now HH the Rajmata of Patna), daughter of HH Maharana Shri Rajendrasinhji Vijaysinhji Sahib of Rajpipla, and his wife, HH Maharani Rasik Kunverba Sahiba, and had issue. He died April 2004.
- HH Maharaja Kanak Vardhan Singh Deo (qv)
Maharaj Kumari (now Thakur Rani Saheb) Mitrabinda Kumari Panwar, married 19th May 1983, Late Col. Kunwar Yudhister Singh Panwar S.M., V.S.M., of Mahendragarh (Sanwar) in Haryana, the family belong to the clan of Panwar Rajputs who are descendent's of Raja Vikramaditya from Dhar, Madhya Pradesh and who moved to Haryana after WWII, he served in the Indian Army (3rd Parachute Regiment) as the Defence Attache at the Indian Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, died 20th June 2002, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Kumari Tritiksha Panwar, born 23rd February 1984, a post graduate in Customer Relationships Management and Marketing from Amity University, Noida (Uttar Pradesh), she is presently working in the service sector. Married on 24th January 2015 to Kunwar Kartikey Dev Singh, son of Thakur Rajpal Singh and Thakurani Sunita Singh of Banethi (Rajasthan).
- Kunwar Brahmaditya Singh Panwar, born 28th January 1988, a graduate in B.A. (English) from Delhi University; presently a professional Basketball coach at St.Stephens College Delhi University, New Delhi, also a FIBA (Federation of International Basketball Association) Level 1 Coach and currently working to develop the game with young kids in different schools and colleges.
Patayat Sri Vardhan Singh Deo, married Patayat Rani Prakriti Kumari Devi, born 1965, elder daughter of Thakur Rattan Singh of Umaidnagar, and his wife Kunwarani Kamleshwari Kumari, daughter of Raja Padam Dev Singh of Poonch, and his wife, Rani Manek Kunwar, and has issue.
- Lal Sahib Damaitre Vardhan Singh Deo
- Kumari Pradamini Kumari
- Maharajkumari Satyarajeshwari Singh, married Kunwar Sanjay Singh of Badnore, and has issue.
- HH Maharaja KANAK VARDHAN SINGH DEO, 32nd Maharaja of Patna (see above)
- Princess of Patna, married (as his first wife), Raja Bibhudendra Deo Samant of Athmalik, and had issue.