- Yuvraj Vikramaditya Malladeb, born , educated at The Scindia School, Gwalior and European Institute of Design, Milan, Italy.
Jhargram Raj was founded around 1592 AD by Sarveshwar Singh who along with his elder brother were Generals under Raja Man Singh I of Amer and came to conquer Bengal when Emperor Akbar granted Subehdari of Bengal, Bihar and Orissa to Raja Man Singh. Sarveshwar Singh belonged to the Chauhan clan of Rajputs from Fatehpur Sikri.He defeated and vanquished the local Mal tribal kings who were ruling the region known as Junglekhand. As a reward, Raja Man Singh I of Amer, granted mansabdari of the entire region of Junglekhand to his victorious generals Sarveshwar Singh Chauhan and his elder brother, under suzerainty and subordination as a tributary vassal state to the Mughal Emperor Akbar. He named his capital Jhargram which means a village surrounded by deep forests, hence the rulers of Jhargram assumed the title “Malla Deb”. The Raja of the State was popularly known as Ugal Sanda (the lord within the fort walls of the city of Jhargram) by the local natives and the appellation was continued by all kings up to Raja Narasingha Malla Ugal Sanda Deb.
Between 1742-47, the rulers of Jhargram fought three successful wars against the Maratha invasion alongside the Raja of Bishnupur and the Nawab of Bengal. In 1799, the ruler of Jhargram, revolted against the East India Company along with rulers of Bishnupur and others and the revolt was termed as Chuar Mutiny. The ruler was forced to surrender and the status Jhargram kingdom made to a Zamindari estate under the British authority. The kingdom had 8 sardars under the system and one Sub Zamindar of Beliaberah.Later the Vice-Roy of India agreed to recognize Jhargram as Princely State after the Second World War but the proposal taken back as the British had decided to give independence to India.
The kingdom had its golden era during the reign of Raja Narasingha Malla Deb, under the guidance of his mentor and Dewan Rai Bahadur Debendra Mohan Bhattacharya, he developed Jhargram town into a modern planned township and commissioned the new Palace in 1931 which is one of the finest example of Indo Sarcenic architecture in Eastern India and spread over 30 acres.
- Raja SARVESHWAR MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, 1st Raja of Jhargram, founder of Royal Family of Jhargram; He fortified the new capital with a canal-ed fort known as “Ugal” in local language, and respectfully the title of “Ugal Sanda” (Lord of thee Fort) became part of the name and style of the rulers of Jhargram; married and had issue.
- Raja Vikram Malla Ugal Sanda Deb (qv)
- Raja VIKRAM MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja BHIM MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja PRITHVI MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja SANSAR MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja CHAKKU MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja GADADHAR MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja SHATRUGHNA MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja ANANDA MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja MAN GOVIND MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja VIKRAMJIT MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja SHYAM SUNDAR MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram
- Raja VIKRAMADITYA MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram, married and had issue.
- Yuvraj Narayan Malla Ugal Sanda Deb, married and had issue.
- Raja Raghunath Malla Ugal Sanda Deb (qv)
- Rajkumar Jadunath Malla Deb, married and had issues, 3 sons.
- Yuvraj Narayan Malla Ugal Sanda Deb, married and had issue.
- Raja RAGHUNATH MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, Raja of Jhargram -/1912 (died ), born , died , studied FA in Scotish Church College, Midnapore, and was the First degree holder from the province. He established the first school for English education in Jhargram on 5th October 1899 and built Jhargram Railway Station for the Bengal Nagpur Railways. He was also an extra ordinary wrestler and many of his wrestling instruments are kept in the Palace and Calcutta museum. Married 1stly Rani Siromani Devi from Shyamsundarpur Raj, 2ndly Rani Raj Lakshmi Debi of Silda and 3rdly Rani Brahmamayee Devi from Shyamsundarpur Raj and had issues, 4 sons and 5 daughters.
- Rajkumari Kali Kumari Devi (from1st Rani), married Raja of Manbazaar, Bengal and had no issues.
- Rajkumari Bhava Kumari Devi (from 1st Rani), married and had issue, one son.
- Yuvraj Chandi Charan Malla Deb (qv) (from 1st Rani)
- Rajkumar Baidyanath Malla Deb (from 2nd Rani), married and has issues, 2 sons.
- Rajkumar Ganga Charan Malla Deb (from 3rd Rani), married and had issues, 3 sons and 2 daughters.
- Rajkumar Kali Charan Malla Deb (from 3rd Rani), married and had issues, 2 sons and 5 daughters.
- Raja CHANDI CHARAN MALLA DEB, Raja of Jhargram 1912/1916, born , died in , married Rani Kumud Kumari Devi (died ), daughter of Raja Ishwar Chandra Dhabal Deb of Dhalbhum & Jamboni estate, Bengal and had issues, one son and a daughter.
COURT OF WARDS 1916/1929
- Yuvraj Narsingha Malla Deb (qv)
- Rajkumari Bishnupriya Devi, born , died , married in 1925 to Kumar Hemanta Kr. Singh Roy and had issue, one daughter.
- Raja Sir NARASINGHA MALLA UGAL SANDA DEB, OBE, KBE, Raja of Jhargram 1929-1976 (born , died ), educated at Midnapore Collegiate School and Presidency College in Calcutta; conferred with O.B.E.(Order of British Empire) and K.B.E (Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire); He served as Member of Legislative Council of West Bengal and Member of Parliament.Donated wealth and land towards welfare causes of his subjects and poor farmers, making him the single largest land donor in West Bengal, he also worked towards rehabilitation of refugees during the partition of India. Post independence he owned properties and business in Calcutta and Life Member of Royal Photographic Society, London was a skilled photographer and won many international awards. married 1stly in 1929 to Rani Binode Manjari Devi (born , died ), daughter of Lalsaheb Girish Chandra Bhanj Deo of Mayurbhanj, married 2ndly in 1946 to Rani Rupamanjari Devi (born ) of Rai Gobindpur, and had issue, one son and three daughters. He died in Calcutta.
- Raja Birendra Bijoy Malla Deb (by Rani Binod Manjari Devi) (qv)
- Rajkumari Savitri Devi (by Rani Binod Manjuri Devi), born , married in 1966 to Raja Uday Narayan Deb of Sana Khemudi in Orissa, has issues, 2 sons.
- Rajkumari Gayatri Devi (by Rani Rupa Manjuri Devi), born , married in 1970 to Rajkumar Visheshwar Singh of Shakarpura in Bihar, has issues, 2 sons.
- Rajkumari Jayashree Devi (by Rani Rupa Manjuri Devi), born , married in 1970 to Rajkumar Shailaja Shanker Singh Deo of Dhenkanal in Orissa, and has issue, two daughters.
- Raja BIRENDRA BIJOY MALLA DEB, Raja of Jhargram 1976/2000, born , educated at the University of Calcutta (M.A. in History), elected two times Member of Legislative Assembly of West Bengal; a talented cricketer who captained the school and university cricket teams; he was twice the winner of the Best Legislator award in the West Bengal legislative assembly; District President Indian National Congress Party and Founder President of Rotary Club of Jhargram. Life member of Cricket Association of Bengal. He owned businesses in Calcutta and Midnapore and was the first Raja in eastern India to convert his Palace into a heritage hotel. Married in 1953 to Rani Indira Devi (died ), daughter of HH Maharaja Shri Sudhanshu Shekhar Singh Deo of Sonepur, she was considered to be the guiding light of the Jhargram Royal Family, a clear-sighted, kind and humble Rani, she was involved with a number of charitable institutions; he had issue, two sons and two daughters. He died .
- Rajkumari Radharani Malla Debi, born , married in 1976 and has issues, 2 daughters
- Yuvraj Shivendra Bijoy Malla Deb (qv)
- Rajkumar Joydeep Malla Deb, born , educated at the University of Calcutta (B.Com. and LL.B.), is a business man and a social worker based both in Calcutta and Jhargram. He is also the charter president of Lions International in Jhargram and has won several international awards for his dedicated service. Married in 1990 to Rajkumari Priti Devi, daughter of Rao Saheb Shankareshwar Pratap Singh and Rao Rani Alaka Singh of Rampur Naikin in Rewah, Madhya Pradesh, and has issue, one son and a daughter.
- Rajkumari Rajnandini Malla Deb, born , presently (2016) studying at Modern High School for girls in Calcutta.
- Rajkumar Harshvardhan Malla Deb, born , presently (2016) studying at Don Bosco School in Calcutta.
- Rajkumari Rajshree Malla Deb, born , married in 1996 and has issues, one son and a daughter.
- Raja SHIVENDRA BIJOY MALLA DEB (see above)