HH Maharaja Scindia JYOTIRADITYA RAO SCINDIA, 11th Maharaja of Gwalior, since 30th September 2001 (Jai Vilas Palace, Gwalior-470 004, Madhya Pradesh, India). Born in Mumbai, B.A., M.B.A., educated at Doon School, Dehradun; Harvard University, Cambridge (UK) and Stanford University, California (USA), elected to the 13th Lok Sabha in 2002, Member of the Committee on Finance 2002/2004, re-elected to the 14th Lok Sabha in 2004, Member of the Committees on Estimates, Petitions and Finance; interests include: cricket, swimming, reading and wild life conservation, Member of the Delhi Gymkhana; the India International Centre; and the India Habitat Centre, as well as several golf clubs in India, married 12th December 1994, HH Maharani Priyadarshini Raje Scindia, daughter of Maharaj Kumar Sangramsingh Gaekwad of Baroda, and his wife, Rani Asharaje Gaekwad, and has issue, one son and one daughter.
- Yuvaraj Mahanaryaman Scindia, born .
- Maharajkumari Ananya Raje Scindia, born .
The state was founded in 1731. Rulers were...
- Maharaja Scindia RANOJIRAO SCINDIA, 1st Maharaja of Gwalior 1731/1745, died .
- Maharaja Scindia JAYAPPARAO SCINDIA, 2nd Maharaja of Gwalior 1745/1755, died .
- Maharaja Scindia JANKOJIRAO I SCINDIA, 3rd Maharaja of Gwalior 1755/1761, died .
- Maharaja Scindia MADHAVRAO I SCINDIA, 4th Maharaja of Gwalior 1761/1794, born , died at Poona.
- Maharaja Scindia DAULATRAO SCINDIA, 5th Maharaja of Gwalior 1794/1827 , born /1780, died
- Maharani Scindia Baija Bai 1827/1833 (Maharani Regent)
- Maharaja Scindia JANKOJIRAO II SCINDIA, 6th Maharaja of Gwalior 1827/1843, died .
- HH Maharaja Scindia JAYAJIRAO SCINDIA, 7th Maharaja of Gwalior 1843/1886, born as Bhagirath Shinde, married and had issue. He died .
- HH Maharaja Scindia Madhavrao II Scindia (qv)
- Shrimant Balwant Rao [Bhaiya Sahib Scindia] (natural son), born , ADC to his father in 1872.
- Shrimant Ganpat Rao [Bhaiya Saheb Scindia] (natural son, by Chandrabhaga Bai, a famous dancer in Gwalior), born , was a highly talented musician, an unparalleled Dhrupada and Dhamar singer, a well-known Harmonium player and a fine composer of thumris. He composed many thumris under his nickname "Sugharapiya," and gave a new dimension to the thumri style. He was a court musician of Rampur for some time. Later, he settled in Calcutta. Several first-rate musicians of India are said to have studied under him. He died 1920.
- Shrimant Maharajkumari Gunvantabai Raje Saheb Scindia [Shrimant Akhand Soubhagyavati Gunvantaraje Saheb Shitole], married Sardar Raj Rajendra Raja Ramchandrarao Shitole Deshmukh, born , died , and had issue.
- Sardar Raj Rajendra Maloji Narsinghrao Shitole Deshmukh
- Shrimant Maharajkumari (name unknown) Raje Saheb Scindia, married Lieut.-Col. Amir-ul-umra Sardar Appajirao Shitole Anklekar, C.I.E., born , appointed Private Secretary to HH the Maharaja of Gwalior.
- HH Maharaja Scindia MADHAVRAO II SCINDIA, 8th Maharaja of Gwalior 1886/1925 , born , married 1stly, 1891, HH Maharani Chinkuraje, awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind Medal in 1900 and the Order of the Crown of India in 1928, died at Bombay, married 2ndly, 8th August 1913, HH Maharani Gajraje Sahiba, daughter of the Sar Desai of Sankli, died , and had issue. He died in Paris.
- HH Maharaja Scindia Sir Jivajirao Scindia (qv)
- Rani Kamalaraje Scindia, 11th November 1914, married 1933, Meherban Shrimant Raja Vijaisinghrao Bhonsle of Akalkot.
- HH Maharaja Scindia Sir JIVAJIRAO SCINDIA, 9th Maharaja of Gwalior 1925/1961, born , married 21st February 1941 Maharani Vijaya Raje, born , as Lekha Divyeshwari Devi, dau of Thakur Mahendra Singh of Kotla, Member of the Lok Sabha 1957/1967 and 1971/1977, Member of the Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha 1967/1971 and the Rajya Sabha 1978/1989; Vice-President of the Jana Sangh 1973 and the B.J.P., died , and had issue. He died .
- Maharani Padma Raje Scindia, born , married 6th March 1960 HH Maharaja Kirit Bikram Kishore Deb Burman of Tripura, and had issue, two daughters. She died .
- Maharajkumari Usharaje Scindia, born , married June 1967 Shri Pashupati Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal and has issue.
- HH Maharaja Scindia Madhavrao III Scindia (qv)
- HH Maharani Vasundhara Scindia, born in Bombay, B.A. (Hons.) (Economics and Political Science), educated at Sophia College, Bombay University, Mumbai. Currently the Chief Minister of Rajasthan. Member of the National Executive of the BJP 1984/-, Member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly 1985/89, Vice-President of Yuva Morcha B.J.P. for two years. Vice President of the BJP, Rajasthan 1987/- , Member of the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Lok Sabha. Member of the following committees... Library Committee 1990/91; Consultative Committees, Ministries of Commerce and Tourism 1990/91; Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology, Environment and Tourism 1991/96; Committee on Science and Technology, Environment and Forests 1996/97; Consultative Committees, Ministries of Power, Science and Technology and Tourism 1996/97; Joint Secretary, B.J.P. Parliamentary Party 1997/-, Union Minister of State, External Affairs 1998/99; Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Small Scale Industries and Agro & Rural Industries; Department of Personnel and Training; Department of Pensions and Pensioners’ Welfare in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions; Department of Atomic Energy and Department of Space 1999/2001; Union Minister of State, Small Scale Industries; Personnel, Training, Pensions, Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances; Planning; Department of Atomic Energy; and Department of Space (Independent Charge). In November 2003, she resigned her cabinet post to run as BJP candidate for Chief Minister of Rajasthan; she married 17th November 1972, HH Maharaj Rana Hemant Singh of Dholpur, and has issue.
- Shrimant Maharajkumari Yashodhara Scindia, born in London, educated at the Cathedral and John Connon School in Bombay, then the Presentation Convent, Kodaikanal, and her final 2 years at the Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya Gwalior; moved to New Orleans, USA after her marriage and was appointed board member of the Delta Festival Ballet, an Advisory Board Member of the Contemporary Art Center, and a Fellow of the New Orleans Museum of Art; she returned to India in 1994 and went into formal politics, contesting the Madhya Pradesh State Assembly Elections in 1998 and then being re-elected 5 years later, for a second term in 2003 in the State Assembly elections. She is an active member of her State Legislative Party; presently serving in the Madhya Pradesh Government as a Cabinet Minister for Tourism, Sports and Youth Welfare; she married Dr. Sidharth Bhansali, cardiologist, and has issue, three children.
- Akshay Bhansali, born , a producer at MTV Desi in New York
- Abhishek Bhansali, born , a student at the NYU Stern School of Business
- Trishala Bhansali, born , a student at NYU
- HH Maharaja Scindia MADHAVRAO III SCINDIA, 10th Maharaja of Gwalior 1961/2001, born in Bombay, married 9th May 1966, HH Maharani Pratima Rajya Laxmi Devi [Madhavi Devi, born as Kiran Rajya Laxmi Devi], daughter of General Shri Yuvraj Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and his wife, Rani Indira Kumari, and had issue. He died in a plane crash near Motta, 30th September 2001 and was cremated at Amma Maharaj Ki Chhatri, Gwalior on the 4th October 2001.
- Yuvrani Chitrangada Scindia, born , married 11th December 1987, Yuvraj Vikramaditya Singh of Jammu and Kashmir and has issue.
- HH Maharaja Scindia Jyotiradityrao Scindia (qv)
- HH Maharaja Scindia JYOTIRADITYARAO SCINDIA, 11th Maharaja of Gwalior (see above)