Dhami (Princely State)
15th April 1948
Privy Purse :
Hindi Name :
Last Updated :
Raja PRATAP SINGH, Raja of Dhami since 8th May 1987. (The Palace, Halog, Dhami, District Simla, H.P., India and Hira House, Longwood, Simla, H.P., India), born 1933, and became Tikka of Dhami on the death of his elder brother, married 1972, Kumari Hemlata Kumari [Rani Hemlata Kumari of Dhami], daughter of Thakur Dayal Singh from District Una, H.P., and his wife, Thakurani Vidya Devi, and has issue, two children, a son and a daughter.
Rajkumari Hireshwari Kumari, born 12th September 1973 at Shimla, educated at Tara Hall School, Simla and at St. Bede's College, Simla, married 1994, Mr. Atul Sharma, born 1962, and has issue, three children.
- Miss Trisha Sharma, born 1996.
- Miss Alisha Sharma, born 1998.
- Master Sahil Sharma, born 2000.
- Tikka Jagdeep Singh, born 17th December 1974 at Chandigarh, educated at Government Model High School and Government College, Sanjauli. He attained his Post Graduation in Personnel Management from The University of Himachal Pradesh.
The founder of the family was a Rajput, fled from Rajpura in the Ambala district, on the invasion of India by Shahab-ud-din Ghori in the 14th century, and conquered the territory of Dhami. The State was formerly a feudatory of Bilaspur, but it was made directly dependent on the British Power upon the expulsion of the Gurkhas in 1815. The Rana maintains a military force of 60 infantry (in 1893).
Predecessors and Genealogy Tree
Rana DALEL SINGH, Rana of Dhami 1778/1803, married and had issue.
- Rana Pritam Singh (qv)
Rana PRITAM SINGH, Rana of Dhami 1803/1813, married and had issue. He died 1813.
- Rana Goverdhan Singh (qv)
- Kanwar Bishan Singh, died 1864.
Kanwar Gyan Singh, married and had issue. He died 1837.
Kanwar Zalim Singh, married and had issue. He died 1886.
Kanwar Kapur Singh, born 1859, married and had issue.
Kanwar Parduman Singh, married and had issue.
- Kumari Padmawati, married Kanwar Mangal Singh of Koti, and had issue.
- Kanwar Parduman Singh, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Kapur Singh, born 1859, married and had issue.
- Kanwar Zalim Singh, married and had issue. He died 1886.
Rana GOVERDHAN SINGH, Rana of Dhami 1813/1868, confirmed in his state by a sanad of 4th September 1815, married and had issue. He died 1868 (or 1867).
- Rana Fateh Singh (qv)
- Kanwar Narendra Singh
Rana FATEH SINGH, Rana of Dhami 1868/1894, born 1853/1855, confirmed in the succession on 26th January 1870 (), married and had issue. He died 1894.
- Rana Hira Singh (qv)
- Kanwar Jwala Singh, born 1884.
- Kumari Amba Devi, married Raja Baldev Singh of Poonch.
- Kumari (name unknown), married Raja Baldev Singh of Poonch.
Rana HIRA SINGH, Rana of Dhami 1894/1920, born 1878, C.I.E. [cr. xx.1.1913], married and had issue. He died in January 1920.
- Raja Shri Dalip Singh Bahadur (qv)
Kanwar Ratan Singh, married 1stly, Kanwarani Bhagwati Devi of Jubbal, married 2ndly, 1952, Kanwarani Sudha Kumari, daughter of HH Maharaja Vir Singh Ju Deo of Orchha, and had issue.
- Kanwar Amar Singh, married Kanwarani Vijay Kumari of Mandi.
- Kumari Sudha Kumari, married Thakur Narender Singh of Ghund, and has issue.
- Kanwar Dushyant Singh, married Kanwarani Kamlesh Kumari, born 1958, daughter of Maharaj Meherban Singh of Orchha, and his wife, Rani Sheela Devi, and has issue.
Rani Bhavna Kumari, married Shri Gautam Shumsher Jung Bahadur Rana of Nepal, and has issue.
- Shri Virat Shumshere Jung Bahadur Rana, born 12th September 1981 in Kathmandu, to marry on 19th February 2009 at Jaipur, Kumari Himani Devi, daughter of Col. Rajkumar Manikya Dev Chand Katoch of Lambagraon, and his wife Rajkumar Rani Kiran Kumari.
- Kumari Roopa Kumari, married Kanwar Jitendra Singh of Ramgarh in Haryana, and has issue.
- Kanwar Bikram Singh, married Kanwarani Sheela Kumari of Jubbal, and had issue.
Raja Shri DALIP SINGH Bahadur, Raja of Dhami 1920/1987, born 5th November 1908, educated at Bishop Cotton School, Shimla and Aitchison Chief's College, Lahore; married Rajkumari Tara Devi [Rani Tara Devi of Dhami], daughter of Rana Surat Singh of Tharoch, and had issue, five children. He died 8th May 1987 at Snowden Hospital, Simla.
- Rajkumari Meena Devi, born on 29th May 1926, married (div. 1959), Tikka Yashodan Singh of Mandi.
- Tikka Shamsher Singh, born 28th November 1928. He died unmarried in 1977.
- Rajkumar Pratap Singh, he succeeded as Raja Pratap Singh (qv)
Rajkumari Indu Kumari, born 1935, married 1978, Mr. Suresh Chand Karol, and has issue, a daughter
- Miss Vijata Karol, born August 1980.
Rajkumari Pawan Kumari, born in 1947, married Mr. Sanjeev Mohinder Singh of Harnoli in Punjab, and has issue.
- Sukhmani Singh
- Raja Shri PRATAP SINGH, Raja of Dhami (see above)