HH Raja RANJIT SINGH II, present Raja of Samthar, married and has issue.
- Rajkumari Niharika Raje, married 11th December 2000, Tikka Dushyant Singh of Dholpur, and has issue.
The state was founded in 1817. Rulers were......
- Shri NUNI SHAH RAJDHAR [Naune Shah Gujar], Diwan of Datia, he assisted the Raja of Datia in the succession dispute in 1733.
- Shri MADAN SINGH Rajdhar, Chief of Samthar 1733/1770, was granted the title of Rajdhar and the governorship of Samthar Fort, as a reward for his fathers part in assisting Raja Indrajit Singh of Datia to claim the gadi in 1733, married and had issue.
- Bishan Singh Rajdhar (qv)
- Devi Singh Rajdhar (qv)
- Shri BISHAN SINGH Rajdhar, Chief of Samthar 1770/1780
- Shri DEVI SINGH Rajdhar, Chief of Samthar 1780/1800, he was granted a jagir of five villages, married and had issue.
- Raja Ranjit Singh I Rajdhar (qv)
- Shri RANJIT SINGH I Rajdhar, initially Chief then Raja of Samthar 1800/1817, declared himself independant and was granted the title of Raja by the Marathas. Confirmed in his lands, by the British in 1817. (continued below)
- Raja RANJIT SINGH I Rajdhar, 1st Raja of Samthar 1817/1827, married and had issue. He died 1827.
- Raja Hindupat Singh (qv)
- Raja HINDUPAT SINGH Rajdhar, 2nd Raja of Samthar 1827/1864 (deposed), born , being of unsound mind, administration was entrusted to his Rani, he was granted a sanad of adoption in 1862, later the pargana of Amargarh was assigned for the maintenance of the ex-Raja, his Rani and the younger son, which was changed to a cash allowance in 1883, he married and had issue. He died 1890.
- HH Maharaja Chhatar Singh Bahadur (qv)
- Rajkumar Arjun Singh [Ali Bahadur]
- HH Maharaja CHHATAR SINGH Bahadur, 3rd Raja of Samthar 1864/1896, born , asserted his claim to rule the state in 1864, which was recognized by the Government, succeeded 3rd February 1865, Maharaja [cr.1877], a good administrator, and improved the condition of the state considerably, married and had issue. He died 1896.
- HH Maharaja Sir Bir Singh Ju Deo Bahadur (qv)
- Rajkumar Suraia Jah Bikramajit Bahadur [Vikramaditya], born .
- Rajkumar Lokindra Jagatraj Bahadur, born .
- HH Maharaja Sir BIR SINGH Ju Deo Bahadur, 4th Raja of Samthar 1896/1935, born and succeeded 17th June 1896, received the title of Maharaja as a personal distinction in 1898, K.C.I.E. [cr.1915], abdicated 9th October 1935, and was allowed to retain the use of his titles; married four wives, two from the Sojna family and two from the Jakhauli family, both in Gwalior, and had issue.
- HH Raja Charan Singh (qv)
- HH Raja CHARAN SINGH, 5th Raja of Samthar 1935/- , born ; married 1933, to a daughter of the Raja of Landhaura in Saharanpur district of U.P.
- HH Raja ARJUN SINGH, 6th Raja of Samthar
- HH Raja RANJIT SINGH II, 7th Raja of Samthar (see above)