Bhajji (Princely State)
15th April 1948
Privy Purse :
Hindi Name :
Last Updated :
21st Jul, 2013
Rana Saheb of Bhajji since 6th January 2012. (The Palace, Sunni, Bhajji, District Simla, H.P., India)
Founded in the tenth century by a younger brother of the Raja of Kutlehar. The state was overrun by the Gurkhas between 1803 and 1815, and after their expulsion, it was confirmed in the possession of the then Rana by a sanad from the British Government, dated 4th September 1815. In 1893, the Rana was allowed to maintain a military force of 60 infantry and 1 gun.
Predecessors and Genealogy Tree
Raja AMRIT PAL, Raja of Bhajji; married and had issue.
- Rana Rudra Pal (qv)
Rana RUDRA PAL, Rana of Bhajji 1800/1842, confirmed in his state by a sanad dated 4th September 1815, he handed over control to his son in 1828 and retired to Hardwar, married and had issue. He died 1842.
- Rana Ran Bahadur Singh (qv)
Rana RAN BAHADUR SINGH, Rana of Bhajji 1842/1875, born about 1824, married and had issue. He died 1875.
- Rana Durga Singh (qv)
Mian Parmatan Singh, born 1844, married and had issue, six sons and one daughter.
- Kumari Yamunawati, married Rana Shamsher Singh of Ratesh, and had issue.
Mian Bijai Singh, born 1850, married and had issue, one son.
Kanwar Lakshman Singh of Thog, married and had issue.
Kanwar Jitendra Singh, married Kanwarani Uma Devi, daughter of Kanwar Kidar Singh of Theog, and has issue.
- Kanwar Vibhu Pal Singh
- Kanwar Jitendra Singh, married Kanwarani Uma Devi, daughter of Kanwar Kidar Singh of Theog, and has issue.
- Kanwar Lakshman Singh of Thog, married and had issue.
Rana DURGA SINGH, Rana of Bhajji 1875/1913, born 1842, he succeeded to the gadi on 18th November 1875 (), married Ranis from Mandi, Suket, Kangra and Mahli, and had issue, three sons. He died 1913.
- Tikka Indar Singh, died young.
- Kanwar Praja Pal, born about 1898, died young.
- Rana Bir Pal (qv)
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married (as his first wife), Raja Mahendra Chand of Nadaun, and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married (as his second wife), Raja Mahendra Chand of Nadaun, and had issue.
- Rajkumari (name unknown), married (as his first wife), 1913, Rana Vidyadhar Singh of Kumharsain. She died sp.
Rana BIR PAL, Rana of Bhajji 1913/1940 (deposed), born 19th April 1906 and succeeded 9th May 1913, educated at Aitchison Chiefs' College, Lahore; Bishop Cotton School, Shimla; married 25th November 1925, Rani Sarat Kumari Devi, died February 1968, daughter of Raja Pitamber Deb of Aul, and his wife, Rani Swarna Manjari Devi, and had issue. He died 17th November 1961.
- Rana Ram Chandra Pal Singh (qv)
Rajkumar Shyam Chandra Pal, born 27th May 1931 in Suni, married 14th July 1959, Kunwarani Shyama Devi, daughter of Raja Brij Dev Narain Singh of Daltanganj (Chainpur), and his wife, Rani Prafulla Manjari (see Kharsawan), and has issue.
- Kumari Punam Pal, married Kanwar Ranvijay Singh, son of Babu Ram Singh, and his wife, Babuain Sharda Devi, daughter of Kanwar Ranjit Singh of Koti.
- Kumari Sunam Pal, married Kanwar Ravinder Singh of Ghund.
Kunwar Pradeep Pal, born 14th May 1969 in Bihar, married 2nd February 2000 in Jaipur, Kumari Ritu Kumari, born 6th December 1978 in Jaipur, daughter of Thakur Narain Singh of Siras, and has issue.
- Kumar Adhiraj Pal, born 28th December 2001 in Jaipur.
Rana RAM CHANDRA PAL SINGH, Rana Saheb of Bhajji 1940/2012, born 27th January 1928 at Cuttack, Orissa, he was granted full ruling powers on the 17th April 1947, educated at Queen Mary's College, Lahore, Pakistan and later at Aitchison's Chief's College, Lahore, he graduated from St. Stephen's College, Delhi University; Member of the I. A. S., retiring in 1982; he married November 1951, Rani Nirmala Devi, born 1931, died 24th December 2002, daughter of Col. HH Maharaja Mahendra Sir Yadvendra Singh Ju Deo Bahadur of Panna, and his second wife, HH Maharani Shri Gopal Kumari, and had issue.
- Tikka Moh Chandra Pal Singh, born 7th September 1953 at Cuttack, Orissa, educated at the Mayo College, Ajmer, Rajasthan; graduated from Hindu College, Delhi University; married 3rd November 2000 in Simla, Tikkarani Naintara Kumari of New Delhi. He died 13th December 2011 at Delhi.
- (see above)
Kanwar Moti Singh, married and had issue.
- Thakurani Gyan Devi, married Thakur Sher Singh, Thakur of Delath, and had issue.
- Kanwar Narender Singh, married Kumari Rekha Kumari, daughter of Kanwar Homendra Singh of Jubbal.
Kanwar Jawala Singh, married and had issue.
- Rani Shanta Devi, married Rana Ranbir Singh, Rana of Mangal, and had issue.
Kanwar Gopal Singh, married and had issue.
- Kumari Sushila Kumari, married Rajkumar Devinder Singh of Kotkhai, and had issue.