Raja Dr. SANJAY SINGH, present Raja Saheb of Amethi and Chief of the Bandalghoti Rajput clan. (Bhupati-Bhawan, Vill. & P.O. Ram Nagar, Amethi Distt, Sultanpur- 227405 (U.P.) and 19, Vikramaditya Marg, Lucknow--226001, India). M.A., Ph.D.; J.D.S. (Uttar Pradesh), born in Amethi, Sultanpur District, educated at Ranvir Rananjay Post-Graduate College, Amethi and Awadh University, Faizabad. Member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly 1982/1987, Minister of State, Forests, Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development, Uttar Pradesh 1982/85, Minister of Transport, Uttar Pradesh 1985/1987, Member of the Rajya Sabha 1990/1996, Union Minister of State in the Ministry of Communications, 1990/1991, Member of the 12th Lok Sabha, Member of the Committee on Human Resource Development and its Sub-Committee on Value Based Education 1998/1999, Member of the Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defence 1998/1999, belongs to the following clubs: M.B. Club, Lucknow, President's Polo Club and DDA Siri Fort Sports Complex, New Delhi, interests include flying, swimming, games, sports, riding and shooting, President of the Uttar Pradesh Hockey Association and the Uttar Pradesh Football Sangh. Private Pilot's Licence holder and Grade-I Amateur Wireless Licence holder; Major Officer, Territorial Army; Member of the Court of the Aligarh Muslim University 1998/1999, married 1stly, 14th December 1973 (div. 1995), Rani Garima Singh, daughter of Sri Rajkumar Har Bux Singh of Daiya, and his wife, Rajkumar Rani Bhargavi Kumari Devi; married 2ndly, 21st May 1995, Rani Ameeta Kulkarni, born , and has issue, one son and two daughters, by the first wife.
- Rajkumar Anant Vikram Singh, born , serving with Indian Merchant Navy; married Yuvarani Shambhavi Singh, born , daughter of Maharaj Dr. Rakesh Kumar Singh of Akaltara, former M.L.A. from Akaltara, and his wife, Rani Shubha Singh, daughter of Raja Advait Pratap Singh of Pratapgarh in Uttar Pradesh.
- Rajkumari Mahima Singh, married Rajkumar Bhriguraj Singh, son of Maharaj Devendra Pal Singh of Jhabua, and his wife, Rani Bhagyawanti Devi.
- Rajkumari Shaivya Singh, married 2010, Rajkumar Parakram Singh, son of Maharaj Manvendra Singh of Dungarpur, and his wife, Rani Urmila Kumari.
Traditionally the family is said to be descended from Raja Sodh Dev of Dausa 966/1006. Founded in the 18th century. Estate holders were....
- Raja GURDUTT SINGH, Raja of Udaiwan, during his reign he was besieged at Raipur by Nawab Safdar Jang in 1743, Raipur was taken and destroyed and the Raja fled to Ramnagar which he made his capital afterwards; married and had issue. He died after 1743.
- Raja Drigpal Singh (qv)
- Raja DRIGPAL SINGH, 1st Raja of Amethi, either he or his father was the first to assume the title of Raja, and is most likely the first Taluqdar of Amethi, married and had issue.
- Raja Har Chand (qv)
- Babu Jai Chand of Kasranwa [Kannu Kasarwan].
- Raja HAR CHAND, 2nd Raja of Amethi -/1810 (abdicated), married and had issue.
- Raja Dalpat Shah (qv)
- Kunwar Arjun Singh of Gangauli, married and had issue.
- Raja Madho Singh (qv)
- Raja DALPAT SHAH, 3rd Raja of Amethi 1810/1815, married and had issue. He died 1815.
- Raja Bisheswar Singh (qv)
- Raja BISHESWAR SINGH, 4th Raja of Amethi 1815/1842. He died sp in 1842 and was succeeded by his cousin.
- Raja MADHO SINGH, 5th Raja of Amethi 1842/1891, born , gave assistance to the British authorities in 1857, but later went over to the rebels and was forced to surrender his fort in August 1858; he was pardoned and made a magistrate in 1860; married Rani (name unknown), died 17th December 1893, and had issue, as well as adoptive issue. He died 24th August 1891.
- Lal Lachhman Singh, he was adopted in 1883, died vpsp on 24th April 1891.
- (A) Raja Bhagwan Baksh Singh (qv)
- Raja BHAGWAN BAKSH SINGH, 6th Raja of Amethi 1891/- , born , son of Babu Sheo Darshan Singh, a relative of the previous Raja; the title of Raja was recognized as hereditary and he was awarded the Kaiser-i-Hind Gold Medal in 1902, married and had issue. He died after 1952.
- Raja Rananjay Singh (qv)
- Raja RANANJAY SINGH, 7th Raja of Amethi, M.L.A. (Uttar Pradesh), married Rani Sushma Devi, and had adoptive issue. He died after 1976.
- (A) Raja Dr. Sanjay Singh (qv)
- Raja Dr. SANJAY SINGH, 8th Raja of Amethi (see above)